Bismillah Ar- Rahman Ar-Rahim
Assalamualaikum my dear brothers and sisters in islam.
May you be constantly in great health and iman and may Allah be please with you, insyaAllah.
Today, with the permission of Allah, I would like to share something that I came across a week ago. May this benefit you as much as it benefits me, insyaAllah.
Let me begin with a question.
All of us are constantly in search. In search of the truth, the reality.
Have you ever asked yourself, how?
How am I supposed to get closer to Allah?
Why is it so difficult for me to be khusyuk in my prayers?
How do I attain a closer and healthier relationship with my lord?
May this answers your burning doubts. To start it off, let me be clear that I am in no state to teach you how to be khusyuk or how to get closer to Allah when I myself is not at a level of an ulama’.
I am just sharing a few good tips that I have read across in Hadiths and the sayings of Sheykhs. Okay, bismillah!
25 tips to get closer to Allah s.w.t
*they are placed in random order. Let’s pray to Allah to give us guidance and the strength to istiqamah (to be steadfastness)*
فَاسْتَقِمْ كَمَا أُمِرْتَ وَمَن تَابَ مَعَكَ وَلَا تَطْغَوْا ۚ إِنَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ
So stand you (O Muhammad) firm and straight as you are commanded and those who turn in repentance with you, and transgress not. Verily, He is All-Seer of what you do.
[Surat Hud, 12:112]
1. Start off each day with 'adhkaar al-istiyqaadh' (waking up Supplications), thanking Allah for waking up in good shape.
2. Place Allah first in your heart.
3. Broaden your horizons - learn 5 new verses from the Quran every day, travel to pray far in the mosque to brighten your day,take up a booklet having supplications and read them.
4. Pray Salaat Al-dhuhaa (after sunrise).
5. If someone says something mean ;to you, just shrug it off and dismiss it in a friendly, laidback manner, and pray that Allah shall forgive them.
6. When you get angry, remember Allah, and how short and worthless life is to waste in being Angry.
7. Remember that you can never have too many friends, but you can have few quality friends that help you fulfill the purpose of your creation (i.e. live for Allah).
8. When you're happy, try to share your happiness with others. Thank Allah for that, and pray its continuation.
9. When something bad or embarrassing happens to you, just think that it could always be worse, remember the reward of patience,and thank Allah that it's not worse than it is.
10. Do something extra of goodness once in a while, like feeding a poor person, or caressing an orphan's head.
11. Never stop believing that you can win Allah's love and thus work For it. Then you can win the love of Allah's slaves.
12. Spend some time thinking of Allah's amazing creation.
13. Always love those who love Allah unconditionally. This way you will ensure that you live for Him, love for Him, and hate for Him(those who are enemies of Him).
14. Find the righteous ways to express yourself, and if you think that what you are about to say shall cause no benefit, maintain silence (this is tough!!).
15. Every now and then, give yourself a break. Play sports, give time to your family, friends, but always remember Allah and watch that He is watching you.
16. Pray for blessing to come to those being lost, and pray to Allah to guide them to the right path.
17. Hug your parents, kiss their hands and heads and always obey but stop at Allah's orders.
18. Smile to everyone, for your smile makes a big difference to him or her and you are rewarded.
19 . forgive, forget and smile!
20. Tears are not for women only... tears are for all human beings with feelings remaining in them. Don't restrain your tears when remembering Allah.
21. When people criticize your actions and effort, revise your actions and see if they please Allah or no. If they do; then ignore and remember how the Prophet (SAAW) and the Sahaba were criticized, made fun of and even physically harmed, so have patience.
22. Read the Qur'an daily and try to have a schedule for completing it as much as you could. As you open the Qur'an daily, read with observing not just passing your eyes through the words.
23. Don't let popularity go to your head, for it never lasts and you may lose from it more than gain.
24. Never look down on anybody, for, to Allah, they may be better than you.
25. Send this to all brothers with the intention of having a healthy society living for Allah and pray.
InsyaAllah may Allah sees us where he likes us to be seen. At the end of the day, it is about god. It is god whom we worship.
We might get caught and lost in the details but insyaAllah he will guide us through. Forgive me if I made any mistakes in this entry.
May you have a blessed day ahead my lovely brothers and sisters!